Tips on sustainable living you can start right now7 August, 2021
Unusual shelves for your interior11 August, 2021
How to remove old paint on a wooden porch as painlessly as possible?
- Strip it.
- Rent a large random orbital sander from Home Depot or any hardware store for one day.
- Have you checked your lead paint before sanding?
- IR paint stripper. Safe option if this is in fact lead paint, which I would definitely check before hitting it with an orbital sander.
- Rent a belt sander. Chemistry ain’t gonna get that.
- I had the same thing. I used a power planer to clear the sticky grey bs. Then sanded down and used Thompson’s WaterSeal.
Do you have questions related to home improvement?
Ask on the Contact Form.
Check more How-Tos