Getting rid of cable spaghetti at home office13 June, 2021
#4. How to move a fridge without scratching the floor?18 June, 2021
What do I use to fix this peeling paint on the wall? My husband put up and then ripped out one of those UV toothbrush cleaners. What do I need to patch this up (the wall appears to have texture) before I can finally repaint the walls?
- Scrape, spackle, sand, texture & paint.
- It is the actual texture or did they maybe use a thinker roller. We use thicker rollers to add texture to our plaster walls as it hides imperfections better.
- You can put mud on the place of that peeling paint, let it dry and then sand it down
- Scrape. Seal with Gardz-problem surface sealer. Skim coat and sand. One more coat by Gardz. Primer and paint. Anytime the paper is exposed, use Gardz. It will help eliminate bubbling when skim coating and painting.
- Pull/scrape off all the loose compound/mud. Prime the paper with Zinsser. Re-mud. Then use a thick nap roller for that texture.
- 1. Use a razor knife and score a circle around it. 2. Scrape loose pieces with a putty knife. 3. Prime brown paper with water-based primer. 4. Use joint compound to fill in even with rest of wall. 5. Wet sand edges with a washcloth. Don’t over-sand. 6. Texture. Looks like orange peel or roller texture. Buy a can of orange peel texture, or use a joint compound thinned out with a texture roller. 7. Prime and paint.
- If the drywall is good, just peel the paper and skim coat the affected area. Paint to match the colour.
Do you have questions related to home improvement?
Ask in the Contact Form.