#3. How to fix peeling paint?16 June, 2021
#5. How to build twin beds out of pallets?29 June, 2021
How to move a fridge without scratching the floor?
- Lift half slide in a towel or an old blanket then pull the blanket or towel completely under the refrigerator and when you pull it will be effortless and safe for the floors.
- We have cork flooring in the kitchen, so for us, it is a matter of it “sinking.” The towel option will definitely work to prevent scratches on a hard surface. For our soft surface, we put down a piece of plexiglass and roll it onto that.
- Plastic slides.
- We use washing up liquid sprayed on the floor to glide it.
- Cuts piece of PVC pipe, place under the fridge just a little past the front rollers and roll it out. I might need two pieces. When you get it rolled out as far as the first piece will let it out (when the rear rollers stop the first piece of pipe, put the second piece just past the front rollers, then tilt it for and roll it on out. I don’t know what kind of flooring you have, but the fridge should roll out on its own rollers and not scratch the flooring, but do not try to turn it either way without something under it.
- Lean it back and put cardboard under it.
- Use a rug to move a fridge without scratching the floor.
- Lay a towel in front. Tip the fridge back, slide the towel under while tipping.
- Furniture slides are cheap, and you can use them for moving other stuff too.
- A six-pack and five big guys.
- Don’t use cardboard. Put some Masonite down and it’ll roll like a dream assuming you spin the feet up if any
- Blanket underneath and one person on each side push with slight upward pressure. I used to deliver appliances that’s how we did it
- Rent an air dolly. It uses air to lift the refrigerator and it’ll slide like a puck across the floor.
Do you have questions related to home improvement or learn more about how to move a fridge without scratching the floor?
Ask on the Contact Form.