DIYing a stunning art gallery wall using a simple trick3 June, 2021
#2. How to remove wood stain and paint from house siding?9 June, 2021
I have this nook and I don’t know what to do with it. We will Airbnb the house and I’m concerned with kids jumping over the pony wall on the left onto the nook so I would like something big and heavy. How to make this nook Airbnb ready? Ideas, please.
- A small bookcase with display items maybe.
- I would build a wall and enclose the whole area level with the height of the wall. It would get rid of the option to jump onto the platform altogether.
- Large potted plant.
- I would remove that small platform completely.
- Just remove it so you don’t have to worry about it.
- How to make this nook Airbnb ready? Make it into a closet.
- Remove it and add an antique looking dresser.
- I would make a linen closet.
- You can always glue something down. Any large statue or maybe a rock. Whatever you find so long as it’s not fragile.
- Closet. It would give you extra storage, you can prevent guests from accessing it and eliminate the jumping issue.
- So, I would put climbing ropes between the top of the pony wall and ceiling and turn this spot into a kid-friendly area.
- It looks like it’s over a staircase, so they would potentially fall all the way to the basement (?) if they fell off the ropes.
- Box it in for storage or find a shelf/cabinet for decorations.
- A fake railing put a nice big plant there.
- A closet would be the best use of space.
- Tear down the pony wall next to that section and frame it all in for storage.
- Fiddle leaves, a fig plant, real or fake. Biophilic design.
- Depending on where it is in the house, we had a pantry in that area growing up that was built into/above the stairs.
- Hope that wasn’t a support wall you took out for the stairs to the basement. Might want to put it back or some vertical barrier to the ceiling… (shadow boxing, spindles, etc.)
- Big planter or statue if you don’t want to do any work. Or maybe add a few shelves up to the top of the pony wall and it could be a little bookcase/knickknack shelf.
- I would put a display with home décor items and plants. Maybe also some wall decor.
- I’d do a built-in there, like drawers going halfway up and then 2 cabinet doors the rest of the way with shelves in them. Then you can stock it with board games and such for the renters to use.
- Enclose it. Make it a linen closet/coat closet for the room upstairs.
- Close that in with shelving to the ceiling or a closet.
- Looks like a liability. Enclose it and make it into a closet or shelving. That way you don’t have to worry about it, and no one gets hurt.
- Take the pony wall down? And the flooring out? It would enlarge the room.
- Hang 3 lights in different lengths. Put in grow bulbs and put a few plants there. Or you can make that a small desk area where kids can do their homework without distractions.
- We had a landing like this over the stairs when I was a kid (spindle railing) and we totally would either hop the rail, like you mentioned or scale the outside of the railing (over the stairs) to get there. Normally, we would not care, but if we had cousins or friends over, that was the place to go. I will personally walk in that pony wall to take away the temptation if it works to do that.
- Dummy balcony rail and plants.
Do you have questions related to home improvement or know more about how to make this nook Airbnb ready?
Ask on the Contact Form.